Begins March 22, 2017
7 Sessions: Wednesdays, 6:30 – 8:30pm
Private home in Pinole (5 minutes from Hwy 80)
$185.00 payable in advance
This workshop is dedicated to the Persian poet, Rumi.
hunting down the birds
of black omen
before their flights
Whether you are a beginning or long-time writer, or reader with a story that haunts you, this workshop will support you in writing and completing your work.
“A flower is never opened with a hammer.”
This is the motto of the From Heart to Paper Workshop. This workshop gives you space, time, tools and encouragement to focus on your writing projects as well as the opportunity to receive helpful, encouraging feedback.
What will I experience at the From Heart to Paper Workshop?
At the From Heart to Paper Workshop, you’ll find:
- Passionate writers and readers
- Tools to master your writing dreams
- Opportunity to re-unite with your unique self-expression
- Pleasure of learning from other writers like yourself
- Time to write
- Bonus! Optional literary field trip.
Margaret C. Murray, the author of three novels, Spiral, Dreamers and Sundagger.net, will inspire you with confidence, knowing you have more and better tools to achieve your writing goals. You will have the opportunity to write, read aloud, give and receive feedback, and revise your work.
Who is the Workshop for?
The Workshop is for both fiction and non-fiction writers of prose and poetry at any level.
Each workshop is dedicated to a featured author. Each session is customized to fit your writing needs; for example, if there are poets, we will read A Poet’s Handbook by Mary Oliver. Each 2-hour session builds upon the previous session.
What is covered in the Workshop?
Session Topics are based on the individual needs of participants and include:
- Make a writing contract for this workshop
- Explore beginnings: What makes you want to read more?
- The writing process: What matters in what order during the process? By the final draft?
- Characters: What makes them come alive to the reader? How do you keep them alive?
- The right words: How do you discover them? How do you know you have them?
- Elements of the story/poem/memoir: What is necessary? What is extraneous?
- The pleasures of writing: Value of grammar, sentence construction, context
- Endings: How do you know when you’re finished?
Wednesday Evening From Heart to Paper Workshop
Begins March 22, 2017
7 Sessions: Wednesdays, 6:30pm—8:30pm
Private home in Pinole
Have questions?: email [email protected]