Welcome new writing students and returning students!
Join other readers, writers and book lovers.
From Heart to Paper Intensive Workshop
Two Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:30PM – 8:30PM
plus one Saturday morning 10AM – 12PM
11/4/19 – 11/16/19
Private Home in Pinole
Questions? Email [email protected]
Workshops limited to six writers
10% discount for previous students of From Heart to Paper Workshops.
REGISTER NOW for the Intensive!
New Students: please click the SIGN UP button above.
Returning Students: please click the Buy Now button below.
Yes, there is a chair at the From Heart to Paper Workshop table awaiting you. You will find yourself writing with calm perseverance just like the cat in the red chair. At each session, you will have time to reflect, write, share, revise, read aloud, listen, give feedback and appreciate your writing as well as the work of other writers like yourself.
“A flower is never opened with a hammer.”
This is the motto of the From Heart to Paper Workshops. The workshops give you space, time, tools and encouragement to focus on your writing projects as well as the opportunity to receive helpful, encouraging feedback.
What will I experience at a From Heart to Paper Workshop?
At the From Heart to Paper Workshop, you’ll find:
- Passionate writers and readers
- Tools to master your writing dreams
- Opportunity to re-unite with your unique self-expression
- Pleasure of learning from other writers like yourself
- Time to write
Margaret C. Murray is the publisher of WriteWords Press and author of four novels, Sundagger.net, Dreamers, Spiral and her newly released Pillow Prayers. Margaret has created her From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop to inspire you with confidence, knowing you have more and better tools to achieve your writing goals. You will have the opportunity to write, read aloud, give and receive feedback, and revise your work.
Who is the Workshop for?
The Workshop is for both fiction and non-fiction writers of prose and poetry at any level.
Each workshop is dedicated to a featured author. Each session is customized to fit your writing needs; for example, if there are poets, we may well read A Poet’s Handbook by Mary Oliver. Each 2-hour session builds upon the previous session.
What is covered in the Workshop?
Session Topics are based on the individual needs of participants and include:
- Make a writing contract for this workshop
- Explore beginnings: What makes you want to read more?
- The writing process: What matters in what order during the process? By the final draft?
- Characters: What makes them come alive to the reader? How do you keep them alive?
- The right words: How do you discover them? How do you know you have them?
- Elements of the story/poem/memoir: What is necessary? What is extraneous?
- The pleasures of writing: Value of grammar, sentence construction, context
- Endings: How do you know when you’re finished?
Have questions? email [email protected]