Welcome new writing students and returning students to my January 2020 Saturday Workshop!
Join other readers, writers and book lovers at a unique writing workshop hosted by West Contra Costa Adult Education.
Saturday mornings 10AM – 12PM
1/18/20 – 3/14/20*
West Contra Costa Adult Education – Alvarado Campus
5625 Sutter Avenue
Richmond, CA 94804
*No class 2/22/20
REGISTER NOW for the Saturday Workshop
REGISTER ONLINE: Go to www.wccae.info. Click on Communication/From Heart to Paper “Time to Write” Workshop. Credit or debit card required.
REGISTER IN PERSON: Go to the WCCAE Alvarado Campus, 5625 Sutter Avenue, Richmond.
REGISTER BY MAIL: Click on the online application. Complete and mail with check to: ALVARADO CAMPUS 5625 Sutter Ave., Richmond 94804.
Questions about registration? Email [email protected]
or Phone: 510-231-1453
Questions about the From Heart to Paper Workshop?
Email [email protected]
Margaret C. Murray’s From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop is waiting for you.
Yes, there is a chair at the From Heart to Paper Workshop table awaiting you. You will find yourself writing with calm perseverance just like the cat in the red chair. At each session, you will have time to reflect, write, share, revise, read aloud, listen, give feedback and appreciate your writing as well as the work of other writers like yourself.
“A flower is never opened with a hammer.”
This is the motto of the From Heart to Paper Workshops. The workshops give you space, time, tools and encouragement to focus on your writing projects as well as the opportunity to receive helpful, encouraging feedback.
What will I experience at a From Heart to Paper Workshop?
At the From Heart to Paper Workshop, you’ll find:
- Passionate writers and readers
- Tools to master your writing dreams
- Opportunity to re-unite with your unique self-expression
- Pleasure of learning from other writers like yourself
- Time to write
Margaret C. Murray is the publisher of WriteWords Press and author of four novels, Sundagger.net, Dreamers, Spiral and her newly released Pillow Prayers. Margaret has created her From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop to inspire you with confidence, knowing you have more and better tools to achieve your writing goals. You will have the opportunity to write, read aloud, give and receive feedback, and revise your work.
Who is the Workshop for?
The Workshop is for both fiction and non-fiction writers of prose and poetry at any level.
Each workshop is dedicated to a featured author. Each session is customized to fit your writing needs; for example, if there are poets, we may well read A Poet’s Handbook by Mary Oliver. Each 2-hour session builds upon the previous session.
What is covered in the Workshop?
Session Topics are based on the individual needs of participants and include:
- Make a writing contract for this workshop
- Explore beginnings: What makes you want to read more?
- The writing process: What matters in what order during the process? By the final draft?
- Characters: What makes them come alive to the reader? How do you keep them alive?
- The right words: How do you discover them? How do you know you have them?
- Elements of the story/poem/memoir: What is necessary? What is extraneous?
- The pleasures of writing: Value of grammar, sentence construction, context
- Endings: How do you know when you’re finished?
Have questions? email [email protected]