“This is precisely the time when artists go to work. There is no time for despair,
no place for self-pity, no need for silence, no room for fear. We speak, we write,
we do language. That is how civilizations heal.” —Toni Morrison
Fall 2021 From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop via Zoom
Classes Seven Tuesday evenings
Dates October 12, 2021 — November 23, 2021
Time 6:30PM to 8:PM Pacific Time*
*Daylight Savings Time ends November 7, 2021.
**Returning Workshop Writers receive a 10% discount.
A professional writer and teacher, Margaret C. Murray has been leading From Heart to Paper Writing Workshops for over ten years. Margaret is completing her fifth novel and author of Dreamers, Sundagger.net, Spiral and Pillow Prayers. She is also the publisher of Writewords Press. To read what her students say about the workshop, click on Testamonials.
From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop is virtual and offered on Zoom. We’ll be using Google Classroom and email to present and review our work.
Read more about Margaret C. Murray’s From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop below.
“A flower is never opened with a hammer.”
This is the motto of From Heart to Paper Workshops. The workshops give you space, time, tools and encouragement to focus on your writing projects as well as the opportunity to receive helpful, encouraging feedback.
What will I experience at my From Heart to Paper Workshop?
At the From Heart to Paper Workshop, you’ll find:
- Passionate writers and readers
- Tools to master your writing dreams
- Opportunity to re-unite with your unique self-expression
- Pleasure of learning from other writers like yourself
- Time to write
Margaret C. Murray is the publisher of WriteWords Press and author of four novels: Sundagger.net, Dreamers,Spiral and Pillow Prayers. Margaret has created her From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop to inspire you with confidence, knowing you have more and better tools to achieve your writing goals. You will have the opportunity to write, read aloud, give and receive feedback, and revise your work.
Who is the Workshop for?
The Workshop is for both fiction and non-fiction writers of prose and poetry at any level.
Each workshop is dedicated to a featured author. Each session is customized to fit your writing needs; for example, if you write poetry, we may well read A Poet’s Handbook by Mary Oliver. Each 2-hour session builds upon the previous session.
What is covered in the Workshop?
Session Topics are based on the individual needs of participants and include:
- Make a writing contract for this workshop
- Explore beginnings: What makes you want to read more?
- The writing process: What matters in what order during the process? By the final draft?
- Characters: What makes them come alive to the reader? How do you keep them alive?
- The right words: How do you discover them? How do you know you have them?
- Elements of the story/poem/memoir: What is necessary? What is extraneous?
- The pleasures of writing: Value of grammar, sentence construction, context
- Endings: How do you know when you’re finished?