Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /nas/content/live/wwpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
You can do it! In this time of the Coronavirus, you can attend the first From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop offered virtually on Zoom with Margaret C. Murray.
A professional writer and teacher, Margaret has been leading From Heart to Paper Writing Workshops for over seven years. In addition to being an author, Margaret is also the publisher of Writewords Press. See Testamonials.
Classes Eight Saturdays
Dates September 26, 2020 — November 14, 2020
Time 10AM to 12PM
Yes! You too can write with calm perseverance when you attend author Margaret C. Murray’s From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop. Read more about her workshops below.
To Register: Press the SIGN UP button between the Writing is Easy button above and the calm cat below.
Ready for professional editing of your work? Email Margaret C. Murray at [email protected]
“A flower is never opened with a hammer.”
This is the motto of From Heart to Paper Workshops. The workshops give you space, time, tools and encouragement to focus on your writing projects as well as the opportunity to receive helpful, encouraging feedback.
What will I experience at a From Heart to Paper Workshop?
At the From Heart to Paper Workshop, you’ll find:
- Passionate writers and readers
- Tools to master your writing dreams
- Opportunity to re-unite with your unique self-expression
- Pleasure of learning from other writers like yourself
- Time to write
Margaret C. Murray is the publisher of WriteWords Press and author of four novels, Sundagger.net, Dreamers, Spiral and Pillow Prayers. Margaret has created her From Heart to Paper Writing Workshop to inspire you with confidence, knowing you have more and better tools to achieve your writing goals. You will have the opportunity to write, read aloud, give and receive feedback, and revise your work.
Who is the Workshop for?
The Workshop is for both fiction and non-fiction writers of prose and poetry at any level.
Each workshop is dedicated to a featured author. Each session is customized to fit your writing needs; for example, if you write poetry, we may well read A Poet’s Handbook by Mary Oliver. Each 2-hour session builds upon the previous session.
What is covered in the Workshop?
Session Topics are based on the individual needs of participants and include:
- Make a writing contract for this workshop
- Explore beginnings: What makes you want to read more?
- The writing process: What matters in what order during the process? By the final draft?
- Characters: What makes them come alive to the reader? How do you keep them alive?
- The right words: How do you discover them? How do you know you have them?
- Elements of the story/poem/memoir: What is necessary? What is extraneous?
- The pleasures of writing: Value of grammar, sentence construction, context
- Endings: How do you know when you’re finished?
Have questions? Email [email protected]